Encore Fellowships are designed for professionals who want to put their skills, experience and passion to work in high-impact assignments with select social-purpose organizations within the Phoenix metropolitan area. The program selects and matches 8-12 fellows and work hosts per cohort group. Experience Matters manages two Encore Fellowships cohorts per year – one in the fall and one in the spring.
The fellows typically work half-time for 12 months, for which they are paid a stipend of $20,000.
- Applicants must have significant experience (15+ years) and proven success at the professional, management or executive level.
- Area of expertise – skills and abilities to advance the work and impact of the nonprofit
- Commitment – demonstrated interest and motivation toward the fellowship assignment, including prior involvement in nonprofit or community work
- Adaptability and readiness – a preparedness to make the switch from the private sector to the nonprofit sector
- Suitability and match – strong fit between the fellow’s skills, his or her personal goals and attributes, and the nonprofit’s mission, culture, organizational structure and staff
Step 1 – Applications are reviewed to determine readiness, level and area of interest, and potential skill set match with nonprofit needs.
Step 2 – Candidates are interviewed by Experience Matters to gather more information and preferences and to identify potential nonprofit assignments.
Step 3 – Candidates may be presented with up to three prospective host organizations. They review specific position descriptions and other information and arrange formal interviews, site visits and conversations with staff at the organization to assess the match.
Step 4 – Experience Matters works with the prospective fellows and host organizations to create mutually agreeable fellowship assignments.
Step 5 – The matched nonprofit and fellow jointly develop a specific statement of work laying out roles and responsibilities, goals and milestones, supervision, time frame and other factors.
Please click on the button below and complete your application. If you were referred by a corporate or foundation sponsor, please indicate the sponsor’s name.
Interested in Learning more about becoming an Encore Fellow? Attend one of our summer information sessions.