The following Learning Lab sessions are currently being offered:
Two-day Workshop: July 18th and 19th, 2013; 8:30 AM–4:00 PM
Follow-up Breakfast: August 16th, 2013; 7:30 AM–10:00 AM
Conference Center@ Rio Salado College
2323 W. 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Learning Lab Cost:
$40 for Experience Matters Members/$140 for Non-members
To learn more about the Learning Lab, contact Eric Dayton, 602.973.2212 x 235.
Get Ready: Engage Experienced Talent in Your Organization
Did you know that Maricopa County has the 4th largest population of people aged 46-64 in the country? These people are experienced, educated and seeking personal and professional growth. They also have an unprecedented amount of spare time and want to use it to support their communities. This presents a huge opportunity for your organization to find and engage their time and talents in achieving your mission.
The question is: how?
The Learning Lab is a two-day training recommended for volunteer managers, human resources staff, executive directors and board members who want to learn how to do more with less by tapping into such a rich pool of talent. With experienced trainers, dynamic presentations, engaging discussions and hands-on activities drawn from the latest research and proven best practices, the Learning Lab will help you learn:
- To begin shifting organizational culture in preparation for engaging community talent.
- Who people aged 46-64 are today and what motivates them to connect and contribute.
- Key strategies for creating compelling engagement opportunities that link your organization’s mission with interests and skills.
- To create a marketing action plan and effective recruitment materials.
- Useful strategies for managing an intergenerational workforce.
- Effective management practices that can be applied throughout your organization.
The Learning Lab is a program developed by Coming of Age.
Day 1, Session 1: Understanding Today’s 50+ Adults
- Identify methods for managing change
- Discover the four generational cohort differences
- Explore traditionalist and boomer work styles
- Explain the changing paradigm of 50+ civic engagement
Day 1, Session 2: Creating Compelling Opportunities
- Understand that compelling opportunities balance organizational and individual needs
- Demonstrate at least three strategies for developing compelling opportunities to attract 50+ workers
- Apply strategies to create new opportunities and enrich existing ones.
Day 2, Session 3: Marketing Your Opportunities
- Understand marketing techniques geared to people 50+
- Develop a high-impact compelling message to promote your opportunity(ies)
- Complete an organizational assessment to increase awareness of your organization’s strengths and challenges in engaging people 50+
Day 3, Session 4: Cultivating and Retaining Volunteers
- Explain cultivation strategies
- Increase awareness of aspects of your management style that impact retention
- Learn new management strategies
- Develop a plan to create change in your organization