The Knowledge Hub is a central location for online tools and resources that offer users valuable insights and information on the nonprofit sector:
The Service Profile is an in-depth questionnaire that gives individuals a better idea of what service work opportunities are best suited to them. The questions will help you understand better how you will derive the most satisfaction from community service. You will answer a few basic questions about:
- The types of work you like to do
- How and under what conditions you prefer to work
- How you describe your own professional working traits
Completing the Service Profile should take you approximately 20 minutes. When you are finished, you will receive personalized suggestions for identifying the service work assignments which might be the best fit for you.
Nonprofit Navigator is a new online tool to help individuals from the private sector get to know nonprofit operations and culture before working or volunteering in the social sector. This learning portal helps users understand the culture, values, and limitations of nonprofits in order to manage expectations and facilitate successful outcomes for both the volunteer and the nonprofit.
How it Works:
Nonprofit Navigator aligns with our Service Profile—a tool to help individuals consider which types of service work are the best fit for them and how they will gain the most satisfaction from community service.
Nonprofit Navigator’s online training goes beyond the Service Profile to help individuals really understand the ins and outs of nonprofit culture and operations.
This online course…
- Can be done anywhere/anytime: Available online, mobile enabled and accessible 24 hours a day, every day, you can complete it during your morning coffee, on your lunch break, or after the nightly news.
- Can be re-taken/experienced: Feel like there is a concept you would like to review again? No problem. The training can be re-taken as many times as you like.
- Is interactive and engaging: Each module contains videos, graphics, and real-life examples. There are plenty of opportunities for participants to engage in the material.
The workshop is comprised of five modules:
- The Nonprofit Landscape
- The Nonprofit as a Business
- Nonprofit Management and Decision-Making
- Navigating in the Nonprofit Sector
- Finding the Best Match
Ready to explore the Knowledge Hub? If you are:
- An Individual: Click “Individual Access” below
- An Organization: Purchase bulk licenses by clicking “Group Access” below
If you have additional questions, contact Tori Jones at 602-812-3937.