Experience Matters offers education and training geared toward engaging skilled talent—and achieving your nonprofit mission.
A significant gap exists between what today’s volunteers are looking for and the kinds of volunteer experiences nonprofits are offering. The Learning Lab will help your organization close that gap. With experienced trainers, dynamic presentations, engaging discussions and hands-on activities drawn from the latest research and proven best practices, the Learning Lab will change the way you think about volunteer engagement.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the paradigm shift from Volunteer Management to Volunteer Engagement.
- Discover new strategies for restructuring your current volunteer opportunities to be more appealing.
- Identify new areas of need for the use of skilled talent within your organization.
- Learn the process and craft a compelling Position Description.
- Develop a targeted volunteer recruitment strategy for your compelling opportunity
- Learn effective volunteer interview processes and techniques.
- Assess your organizational culture to identify challenges and strategies to effectively engage skilled talent.
- Understand how Experience Matters can support your organization in building an effective volunteer engagement program.
Learning Lab Cost
- No charge (must be an Experience Matters member to attend)
New Members: Complete the Experience Matters Membership process and pay the $300 membership fee. You will then receive the registration to the Learning Lab.
Current Members: Register for one of the upcoming 2016 Learning Lab workshops:
February 18 & 19, 2016: Register Now >
April 21 & 22, 2016: Register Now >
July 14 & 15, 2016: Register Now >
October 13 & 14, 2016: Register Now >
All Learning Lab workshops are held from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Day 1 & 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Day 2.
Not a member? Learn more >
The program includes:
• Learning Labs, with half-day, full-day or 2-day workshops
• Leading Practices Online Assessments
• An Orientation/Overview for senior and board leadership
• Coaching for the organization’s project team to plan, design and facilitate their ACTIVE8 project
• Placement of a Service by Design Associate
Contact Sally Clifford at 602-812-3945 to get started.
Learn more about the Knowledge Hub and how you can purchase access for your volunteers.